Saturday, June 14, 2014

Vol. 1, Issue *checks* 5: SL Hair Hunt

Wait a minute, it's not that kind of hunt! I was just hunting for a particular hair that I saw in this pic for Cynful's new bellbottom jeans. (Which do look cuuute.)

This Hair! ^^^        


Someone asked in the group chat, so I chimed in to ask as well, a lil back and forth and someone shared with the group that the hair is from booN, so bless you, random knowledgeable person! Off I went to get the hair, meeting the same lady who asked in the group chat, and so we tried on the hair. Both hairs in the pic are indeed by booN, and both are impeccably done, in my personal opinion. The updo, while very elegant, was overshadowed by the ponytail, which I fell in love with from the start.

Now I will take a break from the lovefest and share some actual info about the hair

The hair is two separate parts for purchase: the cornrow mesh hair base (not a flat texture at all), and the fitted mesh ponytail. The mesh hair base has a HUD tintable scalp base, but also has the option to remove that completely via the hud. Click "Skinless", and voila, your own scalp shows underneath, perfect match, or for if you choose to wear a hair base under it. For the darker colours, I wear a hair base, for the lighter colours, I go without, personal choice.

"booN color HUD for cornrows hairbase"


Oh, look, it's a pic of the HUD. /failing at being smooth.

Anyways, when you buy the hair base, it's a fatpack of all the colours. For the ponytail, it's different packs of colours and also available as a fatpack. I got the fatpack for both, because... well, I love this hair. The hair base is easy to resize, using your edit window, and as it is one prim, resizing is a cinch, even if you have a weirdly shaped head.
Don't give me that look, we've all been in SL long enough to see some pixel skulls that defy logic and explanation. Both the hair base and the ponytail have modify permissions, which is great for lil old me, who loves to tint something to get just that specific hue.

Now, about the ponytail. It's fitted mesh, will work with just about any body, even me, with my mesh boobies. My avatar's chest was flat, for the boobs, but with a  few nudges to the right with the sliders, the hair fit perfectly over my boob, without any issues. I am sure there may be a limit to how well this works, depending on breast size, but most fairly reasonable yet ample sizes should be fine. If your boobs are ginormongous, you probably usually run into issues and may not be too surprised. As always, try a demo, which has all the colours.
Again with that look? C'mon, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyways, I come from rl busty stock, so not judging, just saying it like it is, relax.

Anyways, here are some pics of me wearing it, with my .b hair base, usual piercings and jewelry, Suicidal Unborn top, Happy Undead miniskirt in denim grey (tinted it of course lol).

Of course, only now do I notice that my bonsai is not rezzed in the background.
That's what I get for staying up too late. But isn't this hair lovely? :)

Skin: [theSkinnery]; Eyes: Ikon;  Mesh Body Addons: Lolas, Slink, u L u k i e.
Jewelry: Plastik, Ellabella, Mad Echo, Korundi, Baiastice, The Forge, Puncture, Elate!
Makeup, Tattoos and Nail Polish: Glam Affair, Corvus, Letis Tattoos, Mad Echo
Clothing: Suicidal Unborn, Happy Undead
Not Pictured: Enelya's Creations (Manala Heels), Slink High Feet, Munique Lace Pantie :P

As always, pics taken by Nadya Kruyschek, and not retouched at all. Just one more thing, the owner of booN is a sweetheart. I had a question, and they responded back to me and were so helpful, and as you remember from my previous posts, good customer service makes me a happy princess. So between the awesome hair and great customer service, I will be going back to booN again. I hadn't been there in years, but that will change, especially if this is the kind of awesomeness I can find there now. :) 

I ramble on a bit and step on toes but it's all part of my charm. (also partly from wearing women's size 11 heels in rl. :P) That's all for now. Nini.

Princess Nadya Crème Brûlée (now I'm hungry) Panda


No comments:

Post a Comment